The Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative is an interagency collaboration among HUD, USDA, IRS/Treasury, and State HFAs
Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative The Challenge:
A housing property can be subject to multiple inspections mandated by different Federal, State, and Local programs.
The Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative (AI) identifies unnecessary, redundant inspections and provides Housing Finance Agencies (HFAs) the opportunity to eliminate the redundant inspections.
Each duplicative inspection eliminated through the AI saves up to $5,500 - reducing your Agency’s administrative time, costs, and other financial burdens. Additionally, it reduces the burden to property owners, managers, and residents who undergo unnecessary inspections.
|2012||AI launched with 6 pilot HFAs|
|2016||Expanded HFAs to 33|
|2017||Online Property Portal Implemented|
|2018||Included all HFAs and sub-allocators in the Physical Inspection Portal (PIP)
Provide opportunity to eliminate duplicate inspections to all HFAs and sub-allocators; test LIHTC inspection software
|2019||Provide opportunity to eliminate duplicate inspections to all HFAs and sub-allocators; test LIHTC inspection software|
|2019||One Stop Shop for Inspections and LIHTC Property and Tenant Data|All HFAs Can Now Participate!
- • The Physical Inspection Portal (PIP) is now accessible to all State and Federal Housing Finance and/or Development Agencies, Nation-Wide.
- • PIP contains physical inspection reports, inspection history, inspection scores, and photos of deficiencies for these properties.
- • Serves as a single port of entry for affordable rental housing properties that receive federal funding organized so that State partners can access information for their respective State.
- • PIP is now the new location for all HFAs to upload the annual LIHTC Property and Tenant data!
- • Free use of Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) inspection software that allows Your inspectors to complete inspections with built-in decision-trees and quality assurance checks.
- • Free training for Your inspectors on UPCS, resulting in HUD/REAC Inspector Certification for Your Inspectors.
Ask us how to participate!
For more information on the Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative, Risk Tool, or to gain access to PIP, please contact the REAC Alignment Initiative Director, Dina Elani, at Dina.E.Elani@hud.gov
States in blue represent locations Physical Inspection Alignment Initiative partners.